The department of Pulmonology at New Amma Hospitals offers world-class care round-the-clock to both in-patients and out-patients. Also the facility is well-furnished to handle emergency cases namely, severe respiratory failure, COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease), Polytrauma, and acute lung injury besides managing severe restrictive respiratory ailments like asbestosis, fibrosis, silicosis, hypersensitivity pneumonitis, and Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS).
The Pulmonology department at New Amma Hospitals offers the following services.
- Pre-operative pulmonary evaluation
- Biopsies and chest drainages
- Pleural biopsies
- Respiratory therapy and pulmonary rehabilitation
- Thoracoscopy and thoracostomies
- Interventional bronchoscopy
- Lung resection and decortication
- Video Assisted Thoracic Surgery (VATS)
- Lung Volume Reduction Surgery (LVRS) for emphysema
- Surgeries for various mediastinal and oesophageal pathologies
- A 24-hour Respiratory Intensive Care Unit (RICU)